A Greek postdoctoral researcher in the US is among 24 scientists who were offered a scholarship by the US Space Agency under the NASA Hubble Fellowship Programme (NHFP).
Dr. Georgia-Virginia Panopoulou is at the Caltech Institute of Technology (Caltech), who focuses her research on ways to develop an innovative approach to studying the magnetic field of our galaxy through observations in mid-clouds.
The programme aids up and coming researchers for up to three years for conducting independent post-doctoral research on astronomy and astrophysics in the field of theory, observation, experimentation or development of new organs. New scholars will begin their research in the autumn of 2019 at their university or research center in the US.
Panopoulou received her doctorate in physics from the University of Crete in 2017 under the supervision of Professor Costas Tassis and is currently conducting postdoctoral research at the Caltech Astronomy Department in Professor Tony Redhead’s team, focusing mainly on magnetic fields and astrophysics of medium-body matter.
In 2017, as a young doctor, she was awarded the New Researcher Award of the University of Crete.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s