Panathinaikos officially announced the signing of Yannis Bourousis until the summer of 2018 on Tuesday afternoon, confirming SDNA's information.
The experienced center, who was a member of Laboral Kutxa in 2015-16 season, finally decided to not continue his career in the NBA (they had given him a 10-day deadline) and there is no "buy-out" clause in his new contract with the Greens, as they had done with the American point guard Mike James.
The 33-year-old international, who has also played for AEK (2001-06) and Olympiakos (2006-11) in Basket League, returns to his motherland after five years and will earn 2.5 million euros for the next two seasons.
This transfer is a great personal success of the owner of the Greek Cup winners, Dimitris Giannakopoulos, who managed to convince Giannis Bourousis to join his team, an effort which had started since the third Euroleague knockout stage's match against Laboral Kutxa in the Olympic Stadium of Athens last April.
Latest from Guest
- Leonard Cohen Collaborator Athena Andreadis Set to Release First US Album
- Νέα Υόρκη: Οι ημερομηνίες των εξετάσεων ελληνομάθειας
- Emirates to launch daily service to Newark via Athens
- Archbishop Demetrios to Attend Presidential Inaugural Ceremonies
- Φίλιπ Κρίστοφερ: "Να απορρίψουμε τις απαιτήσεις της Τουρκίας" - Δήλωση στο Νίκο Αντωνιάδη