The Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) decided to promote the country's tourism industry by earmarking €2m for promotional campaigns via Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor and Expedia.
The General Secretary of the organisation, Dimitris Tryfonopoulos signed the relevant agreements with the online companies.
The organisation will allocate a total of over €700,000 for its Google campaign to attract US, Canadian British, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Swiss and Serbian tourists.
Another €310,000 will go to the organisation's Facebook campaign aimed at the North American, Scandinavian and central European markets. The ad campaign on Facebook will last till the end of the year and hopes to achieve an appearance of 94 million times in these markets.
In 2015 a similar campaign on Facebook made 142 million appearances in 12 different markets and reached over 24 million users. €420,000 will be earmarked for the TripAdvisor campaign targeting the Australian, US, British, French, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Israeli and Canadian markets, while a further €546,517 will go to the Expedia marketing campaign and will be realised by the end of September.
Latest from Guest
- Συνάντηση Κορυφής στη Νέα Υόρκη για την Ελληνική Οικονομία και τις Επενδύσεις - 19ο Ετήσιο Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum
- Ώρα του Θρύλου: Πρεμιέρα με Τάκη Τσουκαλά και Άκη Βαρδαλάκη
- Archdiocese releases information on its financial situation
- Curtain opens for “Santorini Experience”
- European Investment Bank funding to Greece may well reach 2 billion euros