Austrian Airlines has scheduled up to 70 flights per week to 19 destinations in Greece next summer, 12 more than in 2019. After almost a five-year break, the Austrian operator will begin direct flights from Vienna to Kavala and Samos, adding to other Greek destinations.
Weekly flights to Rhodes will rise from three to eight, while flights to Heraklion will rise to seven from four. Flights will rise also to Corfu and Kos. The summer flights schedule envisaged 40 additonal flights per week from Vienna to various destinations.The summer schedule will begin on March 29, 2020.
Greece is one of the top travel destinations for Austrian tourists for their summer vacations, totaling 520,814 in 2018.
Austrian tourists stayed an average of 8.7 days in Greece, 1.2 days more than the average foreign tourist. Austrians spent 698 euro per person on average, 34 pct more than other tourists.
- US State Department calls Turkish-Libyan maritime delimitation “provocative and unhelpful”
- Greece voted best beach holiday destination for 2019
- Greece and Cyprus hold firm stance against Turkish provocations
- Mayors of five Aegean islands reject government announcements on migration issue
- 5,7R Earthquake northwest of Crete