Cypriot Deputy Attorney General Rikkos Erotokritou has been suspended of his post by the Supreme Court.
The decision was determined by Erotokritou's inappropriate conduct. The ruling was presented by Attorney-General Costas Clerides and confirmed by Supreme Court Council Chairman Myron Nikolatos.
The act was declared while Erotokritou was present. This marks the first suspension of a Deputy Attorney General, due to unsuitable acts in Cyprus.
- Southern EU leaders back Cyprus in gas dispute with Turkey
- Egypt cooperates with Cyprus in defense industries
- Matthew Palmer: The importance of Cyprus for the US
- Ankara provokes by pressing Turkish Cypriots’ resources claim after Cyprus agrees gas deal
- 9.5 billion dollars over 18 years for Cyprus from “Aphrodite”