Cypriot Deputy Attorney General Rikkos Erotokritou has been suspended of his post by the Supreme Court.
The decision was determined by Erotokritou's inappropriate conduct. The ruling was presented by Attorney-General Costas Clerides and confirmed by Supreme Court Council Chairman Myron Nikolatos.
The act was declared while Erotokritou was present. This marks the first suspension of a Deputy Attorney General, due to unsuitable acts in Cyprus.
- US says Cyprus has every right to explore resources in its EEZ
- European Commission chief condemns Turkish aggression against Greece and Cyprus
- Greek Foreign Ministry decries Turkey's illegal actions in Cyprus' EEZ
- Tsipras stresses importance of a viable and just Cyprus solution
- National Unity Party comes first in elections in north Cyprus pseudo-state