The spokesman of commander Khalifa Haftar’s self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA), Ahmed Al-Mismari, appealed to the United Nations to impose sanctions against Turkey for supporting extremists in Libya, Russian news website Sputnik reported on Thursday.
Al-Mismari said Turkey had continued supporting extremist groups in Libya and encouraged them to oppose the LNA. Therefore, the UN Security Council should take measures to stop Turkey.
The Libyan customs authority on Wednesday said that it seized nine armoured military vehicles at Khoms port, some 120 km east of the capital Tripoli. The official spokesman for the customs authority, Fahmi Hussain al-Maqouri, said the shipment had come from Turkey.
- Manolis Glezos has a health problem
- Parliament lifts immunity from prosecution for MPs Loverdos and Salmas
- Ellinair announces cooperation with Aeroflot
- Top Greek defense attorney arrested over alleged involvement in prison-run crime ring
- Zaev: Possible Greek investment of 80-90 mln€ in North Macedonia