Turkey’s Finance Minister Berat Albayrak said the country was sending a second drilling ship to the Eastern Mediterranean and the Cypriot Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
Speaking to CNN Turkey, Albayrak, who also the son-in-law of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said According to what he said: “the Mediterranean is not the lake of the father of anybody, we also have territorial waters and we have to give our battle to the end.”
“We have already dispatched the “Fetih” and soon the “Yavuz” will also be sent”, he told the network.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu reiterated the Erdogan government planned to dispatch a second drilling ship in the area during an official visit in Kyrgyzstan.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area