A fire that broke out on Sunday in Zacharo, Ilia, is still burning on a slope.
The fire has threatened the villages of Rodina and Kostomera, the inhabitants of which were reassured, but were instructed to gather in certain parts of their villages in case of a new danger.
The great fire that broke out in Zacharo shortly after 13:30 on Sunday in a mountainous farmland, threatened the village's houses and triggered terror, reminding residents of the 2007 conflagration. Early in the morning, a helicopter attemptsed to extinguish it, along with 50 firefighters and 23 vehicles, and 18 men on foot.
The bells sounded loudly, calling on citizens to gather and organize themselves to face the danger, as the flames stormed the mountain and seemed threatening. The inhabitants remembered the cruel hand of fate, since in four days ten years will have passed since the tragedy of 2007.
The change of wind direction and the multiple overhead water drops prevented the danger and human lives were not threatened.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Was protester attacked by Macron top aide Greek?
- Anarchist collective Rouvikonas attack Psychico tax office
- Επίθεση Ρουβίκωνα στη ΔΟΥ Ψυχικού
- Στη 2η θέση στη λίστα των ευρωπαϊκών χωρών με τις περισσότερες καθυστερήσεις πτήσεων η Ελλάδα
- Κοτζιάς: Η εποχή που θεωρούνταν διπλωματία το να κάνεις την κότα πέρασε