Greece-based shipping company Stealth Maritime Corporation S.A conformed in a statement on Monday that its tanker, the Liberian-flagged ALNIC MC, collided with the U.S. destroyer USS John S. McCain off the coast of Singapore earlier today.
Ten sailors are missing since the collision and five were injured.
"Stealth Maritime Corporation can confirm that its managed tanker vessel the ALNIC MC (IMO: 9396725 Liberian Flag) was involved in a collision with the US Navy vessel USS JOHN S MCCAIN off the coast of Singapore at 05:20 Singapore Time on 21st August, 2017," the company said in a press release published onine.
"As a result of the collision ALNIC MC sustained damage to her Fore Peak Tank, there were no injuries to crew and no reported pollution of the Singapore Strait. The vessel is now transiting to safe anchorage to be further assessed," it added.
It also said it is cooperating fully with the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) in its investigations as well as other responding agencies.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the missing US Navy sailors and we hope the injured personnel make a speedy and full recovery," Stealth Maritime said.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ασταμάτητος ο Γιάννης Αντετοκούνμπο: Νέα επιτυχία των Μπακς επί των Πίστονς
- Kathimerini: We are not daunted by bomb attack
- Τελετή θεμελίωσης κοινοτικού κέντρου στον Άγιο Νικόλαο, Ουέστ Μπάμπιλον
- Δίωξη σε δύο στις ΗΠΑ για τουρκική εμπλοκή σε σχέδιο απαγωγής Γκιουλέν
- Δυσφορία Μπουσάτι για δηλώσεις Μητσοτάκη για Χιμάρα, πάλι Τσάμηδες