Four armed and masked individuals stole money and jewelry from a Piraeus Bank branch in the area of Kallipoli, Piraeus, on Thursday afternoon before making their escape after two-and-a-half hours, police said.
The perpetrators threatened the bank employees and customers who were in the branch at around 14:00 and went at the semi-basement where they used oxygen tanks to break into the bank deposit boxes and retrieve money and jewelry. They then run out of the bank and disappeared.
A bank employee presses the alarm button at 16:49 but the robbers had already left the scene. Police’s security branch is investigating the incident.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Was protester attacked by Macron top aide Greek?
- Anarchist collective Rouvikonas attack Psychico tax office
- Επίθεση Ρουβίκωνα στη ΔΟΥ Ψυχικού
- Στη 2η θέση στη λίστα των ευρωπαϊκών χωρών με τις περισσότερες καθυστερήσεις πτήσεων η Ελλάδα
- Κοτζιάς: Η εποχή που θεωρούνταν διπλωματία το να κάνεις την κότα πέρασε