A new National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) programme of 120 million euros will be launched in September for the financing of small and medium sized tourist enterprises, secretary general of tourism policy and development Giorgos Tziallas said in a conference organised by 'Peloponnisos' newspaper.
The businessmen that are entitled to participate in the programme will be able to receive an amount of up to 50,000 euros in advance.
"Our vision is to render Greece a tourist destination 365 days a year," he said adding that the government campaign has already borne fruit as the tourist period has been extended by two months.
The ministry also aims at new markets such as China and the Arab countries, he said while he estimated that a large number of Russian tourists will visit Greece this year on the occasion of Greek-Russia 2017-2018 year.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Terrorist attacks kill 140 in Sri Lanka
- «Να μην σβηστούν με την υπεροψία του ισχυρού οι αποζημιώσεις», «Το θέμα των αποζημιώσεων δεν έχει κλείσει»
- Turkey's DefMin calls for demilitarization of Greek Aegean islands
- Ο Τούρκος ΥΕΘΑ απαιτεί αποστρατικοποίηση των νησιών του Αιγαίου
- Cannabis cultivation guidelines released by Agri Ministry