According to initial information, a Tanzania-flagged vessel was loaded with approximately 7 tons of processed cannabis. It was intercepted by the Coast Guard south of the island of Crete.
The confirmation of the exact amount of cannabis will be one of the largest quantities of drugs found by the Greek Coast Guard ever intercepted.
The vessel, a tugboat, was under surveillance in the last 48 hours. According to initial information, it set sail from Nicosia on November 30 with Malta as destination. The vessel has been escorted to the port of Aghia Galini and the six members of the crew have been arrested.
The Coast Guard noted that official announcements will be made after the final weighing of the cannabis.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Αλ. Τσίπρας: Ελλάδα και Βουλγαρία, βασικοί πυλώνες της ενεργειακής στρατηγικής της ΕΕ
- Η ώριμη βρετανική αγορά αναζητά το ποιοτικό ελληνικό κρασί
- The mature British market turns to quality Greek wine
- Police arrest man in relation to Rouvikonas parliament attack
- 4.4 earthquake hits near town of Kyllini