The fire encircled the village of Kondospoti which has been evacuated of its 250 villagers.
One house has been burned according to eyewitness reports.
The fire front is 1km from the settlements of Stavros. All the inhabitants have gathered in a safe place said the Mayor of Dirfyon.
The monastery of Panagia Gorgoipikoos has been evacuated.
The traffic to and from North Evia has been closed.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon