Athens was proclaimed Innovation Capital 2018, as was announced a little while ago at a special event in Lisbon in the presence of Mayor George Kaminis.
Athens has given this important distinction, over Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Lueven (Belgium), Omeo (Sweden), and Aarhus (Denmark).
The mayor of Athens made the following posting through the social media, noting: "Athens won! We just received the European Commission award that declared Athens "European Innovation Capital 2018". Whatever we have achieved, we all succeeded together! #iCapitalAward #cityofAthens ».
Kaminis: "This prize belongs to everyone"
"We have shown that things can be done elsewhere through partnerships with the participation of civic society and with a plan for the city", Athens Mayor Giorgos Kaminis said in an exclusive statement to the APE-MPA for the proclamation of Athens as a capital of innovation 2018 .
From Lisbon, where he was attending the special proclamation, Mr. Kaminis said that "this prize belongs to everyone, especially to those citizens of Athens who worked with the municipality to overcome the crisis and since the prize was given to the capital, it belongs to all Greece ".
- Manolis Glezos has a health problem
- Parliament lifts immunity from prosecution for MPs Loverdos and Salmas
- Ellinair announces cooperation with Aeroflot
- Top Greek defense attorney arrested over alleged involvement in prison-run crime ring
- Zaev: Possible Greek investment of 80-90 mln€ in North Macedonia