Damaged sidewalks, burned cars and garbage cans and damage everywhere are the landscape of the neighborhood, a few hours after the episodes that followed the rallies for the anniversary of the murder of Alexandros Grigoropoulos.
The smell of burned plasticand wood is very intense in the area, while the crews of the municipality of Athens are working in a feverish manner.
"More than 30 tons of stones, wood and other materials, four cars and three motorcycles burned, 200 buckets return to their positions in Exarchia. The city must return quickly to its rhythms. I thank all the workers in the cleanliness of our municipality," commented the Mayor of Athens, Giorgos Kaminis, with a relevant post on a social networking medium.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon