The number of passengers travelling to peripheral airports in Greece on Janurary was up by a 12,3 pct compared to January 2018, according to a Fraport Greece announcement.
International passengers recorded a rise of 23.6 pct compared to the same period last year, with Thessaloniki International airport "Macedonia" (63,585 more passengers) and Chania, Crete international airport "Ioannis Daskalogiannis" being higher in traveller's choices.
Fraport's announcement also mentioned a 120.6 pct spike in traffic for Mykonos, which is largely due to the completion of works on the runway; and a 63.4 pct surge at Kefalonia international airport "Anna Pollatou".
Finally, according to Fraport the total number of flights for January was 6,830, 14.7% higher compared to last January.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon