The US Department of State confirmed on Friday that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will participate in the upcoming trilateral meeting of Israeli, Greek and Cypriot heads of state and government that is taking place in Jerusalem on March 20, which he will be taking part in for the first time.
Pompeo will be in Jerusalem during the second leg of a tour that will also take in Beirut and Kuwait City.
A State department's press release said that Pompeo will discuss "discuss key energy and security issues facing the Eastern Mediterranean region" during the trilateral summit.
Concerning the wider spectrum of issues during Pompeo's visit to Israel, the State Department said:
"In Jerusalem, the Secretary will meet with Israeli officials to engage on critical regional issues, including countering the Iranian regime’s malign influence and reaffirming the United States’ unwavering commitment to Israel’s security. The Secretary will also discuss the Administration’s dedication to monitoring and combatting anti-Semitism."
- Handesblatt: Escalting tension between US and Turkey augurs troubles for Greece and Cyprus
- Tsipras: Tripartite summit boosts stability in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Joint Greek Egyptian Cypriot exercise MEDUSA 8
- US Senate introduces bill to lift arms embargo to Cyprus
- Grand overflight led by the Hellenic Air Force
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s