The US Department of State confirmed on Friday that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will participate in the upcoming trilateral meeting of Israeli, Greek and Cypriot heads of state and government that is taking place in Jerusalem on March 20, which he will be taking part in for the first time.
Pompeo will be in Jerusalem during the second leg of a tour that will also take in Beirut and Kuwait City.
A State department's press release said that Pompeo will discuss "discuss key energy and security issues facing the Eastern Mediterranean region" during the trilateral summit.
Concerning the wider spectrum of issues during Pompeo's visit to Israel, the State Department said:
"In Jerusalem, the Secretary will meet with Israeli officials to engage on critical regional issues, including countering the Iranian regime’s malign influence and reaffirming the United States’ unwavering commitment to Israel’s security. The Secretary will also discuss the Administration’s dedication to monitoring and combatting anti-Semitism."
- Erdogan: 'If needed, Turkey to take same steps in Cyprus as 45 years ago'
- State Department: Positive statement for US-Greece relations, with vagueness on energy
- Foreign Minister Dendias visits the United States
- EU adopts measures against Turkey’s illegal drilling in Cyprus’ EEZ
- Rep. Cicilline Amendment to End US Arms Embargo in Cyprus Passes US House of Representatives
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Σκύρος: Η επιβλητική Καστροπολιτεία δέχεται ξανά επισκέπτες, μετά από 18 χρόνια
- Άμισθος σύμβουλος στο υπ. Ψηφιακής Διακυβέρνησης ο Στ. Κριμιζής
- Αγωνάς δρόμου για την κατάθεση των πρώτων νομοσχεδίων
- New FinMin unveils policy statements; says Q1 GDP growth at 1.9%
- AHI Issues Statement on 45th Anniversary of Invasion of Cyprus