The HCGM (Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal) Annual Greek Independence Day Parade will be held on Sunday 24 March at the Parc-Extension borough.
More than an estimated 30,000 spectators are expected to attend the event where Montrealers of Greek descent pay tribute to the ancestors that fought for their identity, values and freedom within an independent Greece, during the 1821 revolution against Ottoman rule.
The parade will showcase approximately eighty groups and over 3,000 participants from all HCGM schools and departments, Greek associations, educational institutions and various cultural communities, a Canadian armed forces brigade and other officials.
With this parade, the HCGM continues its 40-year-plus tradition of organising a series of events to commemorate Greek Independence Day.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area