A total of 722,109 taxpayers with a total debt of 7.1 billion euros applied for inclusion in a 120-tranche debt settlement scheme, the finance ministry said in an announcement on Tuesday.
The ministry said that the results of the debt-settlement scheme were very positive, as citizens on a mass scale sought to take advantage of the very favourable terms offered. The ministry announcement said that one in three debtors have been included in the scheme, with arrears of more than 1,500 euros each.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina