Greek American Evangelos Argyrakis has submitted his candidacy for attorney general in Nebraska with the Democratic Party.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, Argyrakis said he decided to run for a state office in Nebraska after he saw the Democratic Senate win in Alabama. As he told reporters, “if it can be done in Alabama, then Democrats can win in Nebraska.”
It is worth noting that Nebraska has been a Republican stronghold for almost 80 years.
Argyrakis said that he put his name on the ballot due to the fact that Democrats had not lined up another candidate, although he had first thought of filing for attorney general in 2010.
The 42-year-old attorney, whose practice so far had focused on immigration issues, said that if he is elected next year, he will primarily be concerned with law enforcement that will address cases of child abuse and neglect as well as women’s rights. He added that he is not currently involved in law practice.
Evangelos Argyrakis was born to Greek immigrants in Omaha and he got his law degree from Creighton University College of Law, in 1992.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Δημήτριος και μέλη της Συνόδου επισκέφτηκαν τον Αγιο Νικόλαο στο "Σημείο Μηδέν"
- Archbishop Demetrios and Synod members visit St. Nicholas at WTC
- Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αλβανίας Αναστάσιος: Τιμή σε έναν μεγάλο Έλληνα
- Ελικόπτερο συνετρίβη στο κατάστρωμα του USS Ronald Reagan
- US to protect ExxonMobil operations in Mediterranean