The news of the death of communications expert Estia Zafiraki, who was found dead in her apartment in Long Island City sent a shock shock to New York's Hellenic community.
According to the newspaper "National Herald", the 37-year-old woman breathed her last at least 20 days earlier.
From the point of view of the authorities, it seems that the possibility of a criminal act has been ruled out, but it is not yet known whether the deceased suffered from a disease or her death was sudden.
Estia Zafiraki was born in Rethymnon, Crete, in 1980, and was a graduate of Vakalo College in Athens, she studied Communication and Graphic Design at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn. In the past, she worked with ALMA Bank and the Association of Greek-American Professional Women (AGAPW).
The transfer of the body from New York to Crete is costly and as a result an electronic donation has already started on the gofundme website in order to collect the required amount.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Δημήτριος και μέλη της Συνόδου επισκέφτηκαν τον Αγιο Νικόλαο στο "Σημείο Μηδέν"
- Archbishop Demetrios and Synod members visit St. Nicholas at WTC
- Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αλβανίας Αναστάσιος: Τιμή σε έναν μεγάλο Έλληνα
- Ελικόπτερο συνετρίβη στο κατάστρωμα του USS Ronald Reagan
- US to protect ExxonMobil operations in Mediterranean