Archbishop Demetrios of America, accompanied by Archdeacon Panteleimon Papadopoulos, is leaving tomorrow 2 May 2019 for Phanari, where he will meet with the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew in order to inform him about current issues of the Holy Archdiocese of America.
His Eminence will return to his headquarters on Saturday, May 4, according to Romfea.gr.
Meanwhile, there is wild speculation, as Bartholomew has been trying to persuade 91 year old Demetrius to step down as Archbishop of America, and the Synod to elect Elpidofors Bishop of Prousa in his place. Greek-Americans are countering the actions of the Patriarch and a new front for Bartholomew is foreseen.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area