Maria Sakkari advanced to the 3rd round of Wimbledon after disposing of her Czech opponent Radka Buzkova in straits sets (6-4, 6-1).
Sakkari ranked 31, equaled her best performance at Wimbledon. The Greek champion will face her toughest test yet, as she will come up against 8th ranked Svitolina from Ukraine on Friday.
- Pharmaceutical Organization EOF denounces medicinal cannabis producers for misleading public
- Maria Sakkari advances to second round of Wimbledon
- Stefanos Tsitsipas advances to final 16 in French Open for the first time
- Turkish aircraft violated Greek airspace 42 times
- Tsitsipas and Sakkari triumph in Italian Open
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Στο Λευκό Οίκο ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αμερικής Ελπιδοφόρος
- Greek economy's growth to speed up in 2020-2021, BoG report says
- Mytilineos to build one of the largest combined cycle gas turbine power stations in Europe
- Greece is now a source of solutions, US Ambassador Pyatt says
- Cretan man charged with murder of American biologist Suzanne Eaton