Greece was defeated in both basketball games today, disqualifying them from this year's Euroleague.
This marks the first time in three years that the nation will not compete in the Final Four next month. Olympiakos lost to Real Madrid with a final score of 83-69, and lost 3-2 in the best-of-five series. Panathinaikos got knocked out with a final 74-44 points by CSKA Moscow.
Olympiakos' main challenge was not dunking enough rebound points; the team stayed strong in the first 32 minutes but failed to keep it consistent throughout the game's entirety. Panathinaikos suffered heavily, as none of its guard players were able to generate any dunks.
- Panathinaikos basketball withdraws from Euroleague
- PAO BC owner Giannakopoulos in talks to gain majority stake of football club
- PAO owner to attend match against Olympiakos despite Euroleague ban
- Panathinaikos basketball team ponders Euroleague exit
- Spanoulis and Bourousis... trying to steal Euroleague's trophy! (vid)