BY YANNA DARILIS
Golf is a sport that has become popular in Greece and quickly growing in development due to the increased demand for golf courses by international tourism. Luxurious grand resorts and golf clubs are now offering exquisite courses with marvelous scenery and stunning views. There are currently seven 18-hole golf courses that meet the international standards throughout Greece located in; Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Chalkidiki, Hersonissos, Messinia and a 9-hole course in Elounda, Crete.
For families and mini-golf lovers you will be happy to know that there are many mini-golf courses in many of the hotels throughout Greece.
If you are looking for a round or two of Golf during your vacation, we would suggest coming in spring or fall, as during the summer courts may become dry, and playing under the hot sun for too long can be quite exhausting.
For further information contact Hellenic Golf Federation: 210 8941933
Athens: Athens Golf Club - www.athensgolfclub.com
Peloponnese: Costa Navarino Resort - www.costanavarinogolf.com
Crete: Elounda - www.portoelounda.com/
Corfu: Corfu Golf Club - http://www.corfugolfclub.com/
Rhodes: Afandou - http://www.afandougolfcourse.com
Chalkidiki: Porto Carras Golf Club - http://www.portocarras.com/
- TUI Germany: Crete, Rhodes, Kos were favorite last-minute destinations in summer 2018
- Greece and China commit to expanding collaboration at Beijing meeting
- Greece 2nd largest spender on defence in NATO after US
- Downed German transport from WW II found off Rhodes
- V. Zoulias: "Fashion is a way of living and the air that I breath..."