BY YANNA DARILIS
Golf is a sport that has become popular in Greece and quickly growing in development due to the increased demand for golf courses by international tourism. Luxurious grand resorts and golf clubs are now offering exquisite courses with marvelous scenery and stunning views. There are currently seven 18-hole golf courses that meet the international standards throughout Greece located in; Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Chalkidiki, Hersonissos, Messinia and a 9-hole course in Elounda, Crete.
For families and mini-golf lovers you will be happy to know that there are many mini-golf courses in many of the hotels throughout Greece.
If you are looking for a round or two of Golf during your vacation, we would suggest coming in spring or fall, as during the summer courts may become dry, and playing under the hot sun for too long can be quite exhausting.
For further information contact Hellenic Golf Federation: 210 8941933
Athens: Athens Golf Club - www.athensgolfclub.com
Peloponnese: Costa Navarino Resort - www.costanavarinogolf.com
Crete: Elounda - www.portoelounda.com/
Corfu: Corfu Golf Club - http://www.corfugolfclub.com/
Rhodes: Afandou - http://www.afandougolfcourse.com
Chalkidiki: Porto Carras Golf Club - http://www.portocarras.com/
Latest from Yanna Darilis
- «Olive You», European Table Olives Event in New York (Video, Pictures)
- United Nation's RSC-Salus Wellness Network Holds Mens Health Panel and Fair In Light Of Prostate Cancer Month
- Water for Life and Health (Video)
- IKTINOS MARMARON Greek Marbles Bring Elegance in Homes around the World
- United Nations Recreational Staff Council - Salus Wellness - Network; Rooted For Peace Event (Video - Pics)