China sees Greece as "a long-term and reliable strategic partner. It appreciates the important role that Greece plays in promoting regional security and prosperity and would welcome an even more substantial role for Greece in in the implementation of the New Road Initiative," Zou Xiaoli, China's Ambassador to Athens, said during the reception to commemorate the 68th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China and the 45th Anniversary of the signing of diplomatic relations between China and Greece.
He said that 2017 is an important year for Sino-Greek cooperation and a landmark year for the strengthening of bilateral relations. "China is ready to work with Greece on a new starting point, making every effort to deepen friendship and cooperation between the two peoples, strengthening Sino-European relations and improving Chinese-Eastern Mediterranean interconnection," he stressed.
"Political trust between China and Greece is constantly strengthening, while great progress is being made in bilateral exchange in many fields," the Chinese ambassador stated, pointing out that "investment in the port of Piraeus has borne fruit."
Greek President Prokopios Pavlopoulos expressed the warmest wishes of the Greek people to the Chinese people for China's national anniversary, in a video message that was broadcast during the event.
"We all know that Greece and China differ in population. But they meet on an important point, not only for the two peoples, but also for humanity. Two great civilizations, centuries-old civilizations, that moved in tandem and still do, more so, today. Today our two countries, despite differences in size and population, even political systems, work together closely and harmoniously so that peace and prosperity can be established, and, of course, progress throughout the world," Pavlopoulos said in his message.
"Greece is now China's gateway to the West and especially to Europe. Greece also wants and seeks China's orientation and communication with the West and through the cooperation of the countries of the Black Sea," Pavlopoulos added.
- Greece and China commit to expanding collaboration at Beijing meeting
- Chinese students crowd George Papandreou for selfies
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung: China invests in Greece while the EU is afraid of it
- Cooperation between Greece and China in the broadcasting sector
- China’s investment interest in Greece the focus of Petropoulos-Xiaoli meeting
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"