His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America has been invited and will attend the 58th Presidential Inauguration, Friday January 20th, 2017, in the Nation's Capital.
On Jan. 19, the Archbishop will be honored during a reception, sponsored by the Hellenic Initiative, in which leaders of the Greek Orthodox faith will be awarded with the Medal of Saint Paul, the highest honor of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
On Jan. 20, His Eminence will be among the dignitaries attending the official ceremonies and the swearing in of the new President Donald J. Trump, from the Presidential platform at the U.S. Capitol. The next morning, Saturday, Jan. 21, he will participate in the National Prayer Service for the new President at Washington's National Cathedral.
On Sunday, Jan. 22, Archbishop Demetrios will preside at the Archieratical Divine Liturgy in the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Saint Sophia in Washington, DC.
Latest from Guest
- Registrations for the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am continue until January 19th
- Συνάντηση Κορυφής στη Νέα Υόρκη για την Ελληνική Οικονομία και τις Επενδύσεις - 19ο Ετήσιο Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum
- Ώρα του Θρύλου: Πρεμιέρα με Τάκη Τσουκαλά και Άκη Βαρδαλάκη
- Archdiocese releases information on its financial situation
- Curtain opens for “Santorini Experience”