Owner of Panathinaikos, Giannis Alafouzos, announced his intention to leave the historic Athens club, with an official announcement on Thursday night.
The Greek businessman claims that he has already paid 42 million euros for Panathinaikos, since the summer of 2012, and is willing to add another 20 millions, in order to secure the near future of the Greens, but he has no intention to continue be involving in Greek football under the current circumstances.
- Panathinaikos football club to be sold to Thai fund
- Panathinaikos basketball withdraws from Euroleague
- PAO BC owner Giannakopoulos in talks to gain majority stake of football club
- Panathinaikos basketball team ponders Euroleague exit
- Panathinaikos out of European competitions if it fails to pay arrears