Analyses of water samples from the beaches of Lagonissi, Saronida, Anavyssos and Thymari-Palaia Fokaia have come out clean for oil and hydrocarbons, Saronikos municipality said on Wednesday.
The analyses were conducted by the state-certified "Analytika Ergastiria Athinon" laboratories.
The checks will continue on a regular basis until the end of October in order that residents and visitors are informed on swimming conditions, said Saronikos mayor Giorgos Sofronis.
He noted that according to a relevant government decision after the oil spill from "Agia Zoni II" tanker on September 10, "the beaches of Saronikos municipality have NOT been ruled unfit for swimming."
Latest from Guest
- Registrations for the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am continue until January 19th
- Συνάντηση Κορυφής στη Νέα Υόρκη για την Ελληνική Οικονομία και τις Επενδύσεις - 19ο Ετήσιο Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum
- Ώρα του Θρύλου: Πρεμιέρα με Τάκη Τσουκαλά και Άκη Βαρδαλάκη
- Archdiocese releases information on its financial situation
- Curtain opens for “Santorini Experience”