Analyses of water samples from the beaches of Lagonissi, Saronida, Anavyssos and Thymari-Palaia Fokaia have come out clean for oil and hydrocarbons, Saronikos municipality said on Wednesday.
The analyses were conducted by the state-certified "Analytika Ergastiria Athinon" laboratories.
The checks will continue on a regular basis until the end of October in order that residents and visitors are informed on swimming conditions, said Saronikos mayor Giorgos Sofronis.
He noted that according to a relevant government decision after the oil spill from "Agia Zoni II" tanker on September 10, "the beaches of Saronikos municipality have NOT been ruled unfit for swimming."
Latest from Guest
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"
- Fantastic Opportunity for Greek-American Students - Heritage America
- NHSA and the Greek America Foundation Co-host the 2018 National Innovation Conference