The President of the Republic Karolos Papoulias, today received visiting Bulgarian foreign minister Kristian Vigenin, stressing the excellent relations between the wo countries, while since Bulgaria' EU accession there were no outstanding political issues but only technical issues.
It was in this context, that Mr. Papoulias raised the issue of the Evros River, which runs through both countries, and the management of its waters.
In reply, Mr.Vigenin said the issue had been discussed during his earlier meeting with Government Vice-President and Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos and that it could be resolved.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Cultural Heritage School 2: Greece-USA for the protection of cultural heritage from climate change
- Greece participates in 'Spears of Victory 24' defense exersise in Saudi Arabia
- Beekeepers protest outside parliament
- Eurostat: Greece exceeds EU average in RES share of electricity consumption in 2022
- Greek Foreign Ministry hands note verbale to Turkey, protests Turkish Navtex