The studies to prevent floods for the recently burned land in eastern Attica will be completed by September 15, the ministry of interior announced on Thursday, after a meeting chaired by Minister Panos Skourletis.
Authorities are also expected to complete next week the demarcation of the burned areas with the use of satellite images.
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Official guidelines for flooding and forest fire emergencies presented
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Zakynthos forest fires rage, two villages evacuated
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fashion as a "weapon" for the promotion of Greek tourism
- Foreign and Defense Ministers in Riyadh
- United Airlines to begin direct flights to Athens from Washington
- INIOCHOS 2021 exercise brought together fighters from six nations to Greek skies (vid)
- Corinth Pipeworks S.A.: New submarine pipeline project in the Eastern Mediterranean