Three people, an elderly couple and a 27-year-old man, have gone missing after cyclone “Zorbas” swept thorough north Euboea, which has been declared in a state of emergency.
The 7th special response unit of the fire department has been dispatched to the area of Mantoudi in the region from Athens in the search and rescue operations. Meanwhile, a farmer in the area of Almyros, Volos has also gone missing. The cyclone has battered the Sporades island cluster since Saturday night.
Three people, an elderly couple, and a 27 year old went missing near Matoudi, in Evia. The 27 year old was found on Monday morning.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Severe weather front "Ianos": This is the new trajectory of the cyclone
- Coronavirus: Concern over the 4 negative records yesterday in Greece
- Severe weather front to hit Greece from Thursday to Saturday - Warnings to citizens
- SYRIZA cadre: I would also have set fire to Moria, defend the young Afghan arsonists
- Greece edging to exploratory talks with Turkey