Questions and complaints are received daily by the National Pharmaceutical Organization (EOF) concerning medicinal cannabis products, focusing on the "misleading way" they are presented, "creating the impression that they are" miraculous "products with multiple beneficial properties, since their promotion "involves claims that are specific to pharmaceuticals only, conferring them the property of preventing, treating or curing human disease".
EOF clarifies that, to date, it has not issued any marketing authorization for a finished medicinal product for cannabis and has not accepted any notification of product circulation as a cannabis food supplement.
EOF stresses that controls are in progress and the planned sanctions are imposed on businesses that do not comply with the spirit of the legislation, but continue to "unthinkably mislead citizens by seriously endangering their health."
The Organization adds: "At present, in our country the legal framework for the circulation of pharmaceutical cannabis preparations is now defined and the procedures for granting approvals have already begun.
The legal framework in force strictly applies to finished cannabis medicinal products of hemp variety of Cannabis Sativa L containing more than 0,2% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) for medical purposes. For these products, as with all other prescription drugs, it is forbidden to conduct any advertising or promotional activity, as well as the provision of free samples to the public.
At the same time, of course, there are companies and stores - natural and online - selling edible or other products containing cannabinoids (eg: CBD, CBDa, CBC, etc.) with a THC content of up to 0.2% for which the regulatory framework regulating the conditions for their disposal at the European and national level is not yet in place ".
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Maria Sakkari advances to 3rd round of Wimbledon
- Stefanos Tsitsipas advances to final 16 in French Open for the first time
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Will the government get enough votes to pass the bill on Greek expat vote?
- New Round of collaboration between the Greek Film Archive and the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad
- Malliotakis Issues Her First 100 Days Report Card
- Israeli Ambasador: Greece and Israel anchors for stability, cooperation, security, and prosperity
- Letter from Joe Biden to Archbishop Elpidoforos: I am grateful for your leadership in these unprecedented moments