Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Seismologist - Greece is going through a period of seismic exacerbation
- Fofi Gennimata has passed away
- Coordinated Greek diplomatic action leads to the first important UNESCO’s Decision on the return of the Parthenon Sculptures
- Tourism Minister - Greece top tourist destination for Europe in 2021 at the World Travel Awards
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew unwell