Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- Knives Out 2: The shooting started in Spetses
- Casa Cook and Cook’s Club hotels opened on three Greek islands
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Old Acropolis Museum being refurbished as exhibition space
- Embassies: The MyConsulLive service is being expanded
- Aegina International Music Festival returns with 8 music filled nights
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Greek Mission to the Arctic Ocean: Research on Climate Change, Pollution and the Marine Environment