Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Severe weather front "Ianos": This is the new trajectory of the cyclone
- Coronavirus: Concern over the 4 negative records yesterday in Greece
- Severe weather front to hit Greece from Thursday to Saturday - Warnings to citizens
- SYRIZA cadre: I would also have set fire to Moria, defend the young Afghan arsonists
- Greece edging to exploratory talks with Turkey