Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Prosecutor orders emergency medical measures for terrorist Koufodinas
- Turkey pushing the limits in the Aegean accuses Greece of harassment
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Turkey raises tensions: Large military exercise in Mediterranean and Aegean with 87 ships, 27 aircraft
- Foreign media feature latest turns in Greek #MeToo movement