Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Seismic research for hydrocarbons continues in Greek blocks "Ionio" and "Kyparissiakos"
- Barrage of aftershocks after 4.7 Richter earthquake in Evia that was felt in Athens
- Greek PM, spouse welcomed to Windsor Castle by King Charles III
- Expansion of flights to Greece from Saudi Arabia
- Ark of the World NGO under scrutiny after whistleblowers speak of abuse of minors