Chinese language lessons will begin being taught in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools, starting this October with staff provided by the Confucius Institute.
After a meting between deputy education minister Alexandros Dermetzopoulos with the representative of the Comfucius institute Yang Xiuquin, it was announced that 21 volunteers will be in Greece by October to staff Chinese language lessons in 9 Experimental Curriculum High Schools.
Lessons will begin in October and will take place twice a week. “We believe that the introduction of the Chinese language into the curriculum is a significant factor in bringing the relations of the two peoples closer and contributes to the education of the children, reinforcing the institution of the experimental schools,” noted Mr Dermetzoglou after the end of the meeting.
“We will continue to provide personnel to teach the Chinese language. We are satisfied by the increase in demand for learning Chinese and we thank the education ministry for its support,” stated Ms Yang Xiuquin.
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Russian oligarch Malofeev: New sanctions from the USA with reference to activities in Greece
- Cryred Investments 100% control of luncheon meats maker Nikas via 'squeeze out'
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Two cases of leprosy in Greece
- Strong interest for investments in Greece during Davos World Economic Forum
- What's behind Erdogan's provocative "recital" - Strict but cool response from Athens
- PM Mitsotakis in Davos for World Economic Forum on Tuesday
- "To Vima" praises role of Diaspora with success of Mitsotakis visit and warm relations with US