A wider government meeting on migration issues affecting the Greek islands and ways to deal with the problem concluded at the Interior ministry on Thursday.
The meeting was attended by EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship, Dimitris Avramopoulos, Alternate Minister for Migration Policy Tasia Christodoulopoulou, Interior Minister Nikos Voutsis, State Minister for Coordinating Government Operations Alekos Flambouraris, Alternate Shipping Minister Thodoris Dritsas and Alternate Minister for Civil Protection Yannis Panousis.
Participants also discussed other urgent issues which concern migration.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis: Keeping current health measures faithfully will help prevent another lockdown
- Police arrest three with explosives and weapons - Terrorist connections being examined
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia