A wider government meeting on migration issues affecting the Greek islands and ways to deal with the problem concluded at the Interior ministry on Thursday.
The meeting was attended by EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship, Dimitris Avramopoulos, Alternate Minister for Migration Policy Tasia Christodoulopoulou, Interior Minister Nikos Voutsis, State Minister for Coordinating Government Operations Alekos Flambouraris, Alternate Shipping Minister Thodoris Dritsas and Alternate Minister for Civil Protection Yannis Panousis.
Participants also discussed other urgent issues which concern migration.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- SYRIZA in disarray over support for 17 November murderer
- Gold medalist's sexual abuse by officials allegations involve more heinous cases
- Mitsotakis to Monocle: In 2021 we re-introduce the world to a renewed Greece
- Two stolen icons to return to Greece