A wider government meeting on migration issues affecting the Greek islands and ways to deal with the problem concluded at the Interior ministry on Thursday.
The meeting was attended by EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship, Dimitris Avramopoulos, Alternate Minister for Migration Policy Tasia Christodoulopoulou, Interior Minister Nikos Voutsis, State Minister for Coordinating Government Operations Alekos Flambouraris, Alternate Shipping Minister Thodoris Dritsas and Alternate Minister for Civil Protection Yannis Panousis.
Participants also discussed other urgent issues which concern migration.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Old Acropolis Museum being refurbished as exhibition space
- Embassies: The MyConsulLive service is being expanded
- Aegina International Music Festival returns with 8 music filled nights
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Greek Mission to the Arctic Ocean: Research on Climate Change, Pollution and the Marine Environment