New Democracy seeks new head
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
The procedures for the election of new party leader will start immediately, said New Democracy (ND) in an announcement issued on Tuesday.
The decision was taken late Monday after ND leader Evangelos Meimarakis' meeting with the secretary of the party's political committee Andreas Papamimikos.
The pressures incurred by Vangelis Meimarakis by cadres and party deputies who blamed him for the defeat of New Democracy in elections forced him to speed up procedures.
The election of the new president will be made by the party base and will yake place in half a month, the date to be precisely defined, later.
- Greek government: 70 days with a new plan
- The most likely date for Greek elections
- Greece: The best travel destination for Global Traveler readers
- Hellenic Parliament: Andreas Patsis' expulsion, his obsession with his seat and the attitude of his party
- Mortar rounds carried by crashed Serb plane under scrutiny
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greece and Israel signed the 2023 Defense Cooperation Program
- Greece raises minimum wage to 780 euros from April 1
- FM Dendias visits Greek diaspora in Montreal with Canadian counterpart
- Sifnos: High in the preferences of Germans and Austrians in 2023
- Greek intel service cites case of ‘sleeper cell’ spy; attempt by third country to engage in ID theft