The counter terrorism squad of Greek police (ELAS) have undertaken the case of a load of weapons found buried in a plastic drum in a wooded area of Ippokrateios Politeia, near Oropos.
The barrel that had been carefully buried contained four AK-47 (Kalashnikov) assault rifles, ten hand grenades, and 752 rounds of ammunition.
So far, from ballistic tests the weapons have been proven "clean," ie have never been used in a criminal, or terrorist acts.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts