Alternate Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura, during her visit to New York, met with Archbishop of America Dimitrios who referred to the importance of tourism for Greece and the country's development.
On her part, Kountoura thanked him for his significant support to promoting Greek tourism in the US and the Greek Diaspora.
They also discussed the possibilities of increasing the flow of Greek-American tourists to Greece, the development of religious tourism and the contribution of the Archdiocese to the national strategy of the ministry to promote Greece as an important tourist Christian Center.
The Minister had separate meetings with Senators, leading investors, as well as presidents and representatives of organizations and associations, including the HABA (Hellenic American Bankers Association) and Hellenic Medical Society (for medical tourism).
Kountoura also met with major tour-operators, representatives of tourism companies and organizations based in the US, as well as American and Diaspora media for the promotion of Greek tourism.
- Coronavirus: How likely is it that myocarditis will develop after an mRNA vaccine? – What Professor Mosialos said
- Dior adored Greece in a magical show in Kallimarmaro (video)
- AHI Submits Testimony To House Appropriations Committee
- How much will the decision of the State Department cost Greek tourism?
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Old Acropolis Museum being refurbished as exhibition space
- Embassies: The MyConsulLive service is being expanded
- Aegina International Music Festival returns with 8 music filled nights
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Greek Mission to the Arctic Ocean: Research on Climate Change, Pollution and the Marine Environment