Alternate Tourism Minister's meetings in the US to promote Greek tourism
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
Alternate Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura, during her visit to New York, met with Archbishop of America Dimitrios who referred to the importance of tourism for Greece and the country's development.
On her part, Kountoura thanked him for his significant support to promoting Greek tourism in the US and the Greek Diaspora.
They also discussed the possibilities of increasing the flow of Greek-American tourists to Greece, the development of religious tourism and the contribution of the Archdiocese to the national strategy of the ministry to promote Greece as an important tourist Christian Center.
The Minister had separate meetings with Senators, leading investors, as well as presidents and representatives of organizations and associations, including the HABA (Hellenic American Bankers Association) and Hellenic Medical Society (for medical tourism).
Kountoura also met with major tour-operators, representatives of tourism companies and organizations based in the US, as well as American and Diaspora media for the promotion of Greek tourism.
- Bank of Greece Gov to FT: Greece is on the threshold of investment grade
- A "War" of words between Athens and Ankara
- Greek development and investments min. meets with Saudi officials in Riyadh
- Greek gvt’s affordable housing plan: Interest-free loans and subsidies to young people
- Barrage of Turkish airspace violations continue in eastern Aegean
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Mitsotakis met with talian PM Meloni in Brussels - Costa absent due to disability
- State Department report on human rights exposes Greece
- What tourists who come to Greece buy
- Fire at the Cavaliere restaurant in Nea Smyrni - It turned to ashes, arson reported
- PM Mitsotakis attending European Council in Brussels