Alternate Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura, during her visit to New York, met with Archbishop of America Dimitrios who referred to the importance of tourism for Greece and the country's development.
On her part, Kountoura thanked him for his significant support to promoting Greek tourism in the US and the Greek Diaspora.
They also discussed the possibilities of increasing the flow of Greek-American tourists to Greece, the development of religious tourism and the contribution of the Archdiocese to the national strategy of the ministry to promote Greece as an important tourist Christian Center.
The Minister had separate meetings with Senators, leading investors, as well as presidents and representatives of organizations and associations, including the HABA (Hellenic American Bankers Association) and Hellenic Medical Society (for medical tourism).
Kountoura also met with major tour-operators, representatives of tourism companies and organizations based in the US, as well as American and Diaspora media for the promotion of Greek tourism.
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents plan to support Greek tourism
- Tourism Minister from Paris: French investors strongly interested in Greek energy sector
- Minister Theoharis: Greek tourism to grow despite Thomas Cook collapse
- Tourism Min Theoharis on strengthening Athens' air connections with major U.S. cities
- Greek Tourism Minister's busy agenda in Washington
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access to the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia
- Fines and prosecution for mask-deniers and instigators to civil disobedience against covid measures
- Has Germany asked Greece to demilitarize the Greek islands?