Alternate Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura, during her visit to New York, met with Archbishop of America Dimitrios who referred to the importance of tourism for Greece and the country's development.
On her part, Kountoura thanked him for his significant support to promoting Greek tourism in the US and the Greek Diaspora.
They also discussed the possibilities of increasing the flow of Greek-American tourists to Greece, the development of religious tourism and the contribution of the Archdiocese to the national strategy of the ministry to promote Greece as an important tourist Christian Center.
The Minister had separate meetings with Senators, leading investors, as well as presidents and representatives of organizations and associations, including the HABA (Hellenic American Bankers Association) and Hellenic Medical Society (for medical tourism).
Kountoura also met with major tour-operators, representatives of tourism companies and organizations based in the US, as well as American and Diaspora media for the promotion of Greek tourism.
- Tourism Minister - Greece top tourist destination for Europe in 2021 at the World Travel Awards
- Heatwave - Which areas will hit 46 degrees [Maps]
- Coronavirus: How likely is it that myocarditis will develop after an mRNA vaccine? – What Professor Mosialos said
- Dior adored Greece in a magical show in Kallimarmaro (video)
- AHI Submits Testimony To House Appropriations Committee
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- New cancer-prevention program will be named after Fofi Gennimata
- October 28 - Anniversary of "No", a day of remembrance and national pride
- Fofi Gennimata, KINAL leader, laid to rest at First Cemetery of Athens
- PM Mitsotakis meets Chinese FM Wang Yi, discusses bilateral relations with China
- Joint Statement – At the Conclusion of the Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic’s visit to Saudi Arabia