Alternate Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura, during her visit to New York, met with Archbishop of America Dimitrios who referred to the importance of tourism for Greece and the country's development.
On her part, Kountoura thanked him for his significant support to promoting Greek tourism in the US and the Greek Diaspora.
They also discussed the possibilities of increasing the flow of Greek-American tourists to Greece, the development of religious tourism and the contribution of the Archdiocese to the national strategy of the ministry to promote Greece as an important tourist Christian Center.
The Minister had separate meetings with Senators, leading investors, as well as presidents and representatives of organizations and associations, including the HABA (Hellenic American Bankers Association) and Hellenic Medical Society (for medical tourism).
Kountoura also met with major tour-operators, representatives of tourism companies and organizations based in the US, as well as American and Diaspora media for the promotion of Greek tourism.
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents plan to support Greek tourism
- Tourism Minister from Paris: French investors strongly interested in Greek energy sector
- Minister Theoharis: Greek tourism to grow despite Thomas Cook collapse
- Tourism Min Theoharis on strengthening Athens' air connections with major U.S. cities
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland: "Greece: How to get vaccinated without chaos"
- Former National Theatre director Lignadis detained until trial for rape
- Government sets up metoogreece.gr website for reporting sexual harassment, abuse
- Lead shot used by hunters a deadly threat for flamingos at Agios Mamas, Halkidiki
- Prosecutor orders emergency medical measures for terrorist Koufodinas