FYROM soldiers put some of the migrants in army trucks but it was unclear where they would be taken to.An intelligence source in FYROM said a group of migrants entered the country. "Police and army are aware, they intervened," the source said.
"We are taking measures to return the group to Greece," the FYROM police spokeswoman said. "Police and army have heightened security on the border at critical points."
The spokeswoman said she believed "several hundred" migrants had crossed, lower than an estimate of 2,000 made by a Reuters photographer.
- Hellenic Coast Guard blocks entry of five boats with 450 migrants
- A total of 4,649 Ukrainian refugees have crossed the border since the start of the war
- 515 Ukrainians arrived in Greece in the last 24h
- First refugees from Ukraine arrive in Athens
- Greek Archbishop: If requested all Archdiocese facilities to be made available to Ukrainian refugees