FYROM soldiers put some of the migrants in army trucks but it was unclear where they would be taken to.An intelligence source in FYROM said a group of migrants entered the country. "Police and army are aware, they intervened," the source said.
"We are taking measures to return the group to Greece," the FYROM police spokeswoman said. "Police and army have heightened security on the border at critical points."
The spokeswoman said she believed "several hundred" migrants had crossed, lower than an estimate of 2,000 made by a Reuters photographer.
- Turkey's new provocations: Greece barbarically violates migrant rights
- Two migrants with Covid-19 in quarantine at Lesvos refugee facility
- First migrant boat since April 1st arrives on Lesvos
- Turkish coastguard trying to direct boat with illegal immigrants into Greek waters (vid)
- Four migrants left quarantined Malakasa accommodation facility; two located