Greek authorities examined on Friday the asylum application of one of the eight Turkish soldiers whose extradition has been formally requested by Turkey, on the claim that they took part in the failed coup attempt last month.
"We are ready to do what is humanly possible [and] legally permissible, with the maximum diligence, to prevent the extradition of eight innocent people to Turkey,” the lawyer of one of the officers, Stavroula Tomama, told journalists after the official hearing.
She also said the applications of the other seven men are expected to be discussed by the asylum agency as of Monday.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Όμικρον – Όλα όσα γνωρίζουμε μέσα από αναλύσεις καθηγητών του ΕΚΠΑ
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Thousands of unvaccinated people over 60 face fines
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Food retail at the close of 2021