While Greek lawmakers are debating the 4th memorandum in parliament with opposition MPs blasting the Greek coalition government of leftist SYRIZA and ANEL for introducing a series of new cuts and austerity measures, unions and ordinary citizens are protesting against the measures outside the building at Syntagma Square.
The civil servants trade union, ADEDY has warned that it would escalate its industrial actions to cancel the new memorandum as well as the old ones. A number of other smaller unions, as well as professional associations are also taking part in the protests voicing their objections against new cuts hikes in taxes.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Military service rises to twelve months
- Golden Dawn trial: Prosecutor calls for suspended sentences for all save murderer Roupakias
- AHI Publishes Presidential Candidates’ Public Statements on Policy Issues
- The hidden magical beach of Antipaxos with the imposing rocks at its entrance (vid)
- Kozani emergency lockdown because of covid cases (vid)