While Greek lawmakers are debating the 4th memorandum in parliament with opposition MPs blasting the Greek coalition government of leftist SYRIZA and ANEL for introducing a series of new cuts and austerity measures, unions and ordinary citizens are protesting against the measures outside the building at Syntagma Square.
The civil servants trade union, ADEDY has warned that it would escalate its industrial actions to cancel the new memorandum as well as the old ones. A number of other smaller unions, as well as professional associations are also taking part in the protests voicing their objections against new cuts hikes in taxes.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Two stolen icons to return to Greece
- FM Dendias: 'Greece reserves the right to extend its territorial waters anywhere, anytime.'
- FM Dendias: Greece will continue to support the Greek minority of Imvros, Tenedos and Istanbul
- Foreign ministry bill extending territorial waters in the Ionian to be introduced to plenary on Tuesday
- First upgraded F-16 completes test run successfully