A large wave of evictions and rent increases has been caused by the Airbnb rental phenomenon, as reported by the Panhellenic Association for the Protection of Tenants.
As reported, tenants characterize the situation "tragic" and call on the state to deal with it.
According to the Association's announcement, "there are cases where tenants were found on the street from one moment to the next as they were evicted in order for the owners to turn their apartments into Airbnb hostels."
- BoG Gov. Stournara hosts official dinner for Lagarde in the presence of Mitsotakis
- FT says that Greece still has a way to go and offers tips for next government
- Kalymnos: Second best climbing destination in the world
- Eleni Chronopoulou: The lawyer who denounced Greek MEP Alexis Georgoulis for abuse and harassment
- Andros: At the top of the list of the 7 best islands in the world for nature and cultural experiences
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- 'UNBOXING CALLAS: An Archival Exploration of the Pyromallis Collection & the GNO Archive' opens to the public through Jan. 10
- Mitsotakis expresses dismay at Sunak's cancellation of London meeting
- Freighter sinks near Lesvos; One rescued, one dead, 12 crew still missing
- Gorgopotamos viaduct destruction during WWII celebrated
- PM Mitsotakis meeting with investors in London