A large wave of evictions and rent increases has been caused by the Airbnb rental phenomenon, as reported by the Panhellenic Association for the Protection of Tenants.
As reported, tenants characterize the situation "tragic" and call on the state to deal with it.
According to the Association's announcement, "there are cases where tenants were found on the street from one moment to the next as they were evicted in order for the owners to turn their apartments into Airbnb hostels."
- How much money do Greeks make from short-term rentals
- Greek court forbids use of apartment for Airbnb accommodation
- Government mulls new measures for short-term property leasing
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Χιλιάδες Airbnb επιστρέφουν από Σεπτέμβριο στις μακροχρόνιες μισθώσεις
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access to the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia
- Fines and prosecution for mask-deniers and instigators to civil disobedience against covid measures
- Has Germany asked Greece to demilitarize the Greek islands?