A large wave of evictions and rent increases has been caused by the Airbnb rental phenomenon, as reported by the Panhellenic Association for the Protection of Tenants.
As reported, tenants characterize the situation "tragic" and call on the state to deal with it.
According to the Association's announcement, "there are cases where tenants were found on the street from one moment to the next as they were evicted in order for the owners to turn their apartments into Airbnb hostels."
- How much money do Greeks make from short-term rentals
- Greek court forbids use of apartment for Airbnb accommodation
- Government mulls new measures for short-term property leasing
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Χιλιάδες Airbnb επιστρέφουν από Σεπτέμβριο στις μακροχρόνιες μισθώσεις
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greek Defense Minister tells AHI audience U.S. has “reliable partner” in Greece
- The article praising Greece in "Monocle"
- Pissarides Committee plan on Greece's development posted for public consultation
- Thessaloniki: Young people beat police officers who went to check on them - One injured (vid)
- Albanians with Covid – 30,000 euros for hospitalization in Turkey, free with a fake test in Greece