A large wave of evictions and rent increases has been caused by the Airbnb rental phenomenon, as reported by the Panhellenic Association for the Protection of Tenants.
As reported, tenants characterize the situation "tragic" and call on the state to deal with it.
According to the Association's announcement, "there are cases where tenants were found on the street from one moment to the next as they were evicted in order for the owners to turn their apartments into Airbnb hostels."
- How much will the decision of the State Department cost Greek tourism?
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- How much money do Greeks make from short-term rentals
- Greek court forbids use of apartment for Airbnb accommodation
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greece is EU "champion" in the reduction of greenhouse gases in the
- Crucial two months for economy, tourism and government revenues
- Landmark law in Greece establishes long-overdue legal framework mandating protection and care for pets, strays
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- New York: Mourning for the tragic death of Greek-American police officer - The Message of the Archbishop