A large wave of evictions and rent increases has been caused by the Airbnb rental phenomenon, as reported by the Panhellenic Association for the Protection of Tenants.
As reported, tenants characterize the situation "tragic" and call on the state to deal with it.
According to the Association's announcement, "there are cases where tenants were found on the street from one moment to the next as they were evicted in order for the owners to turn their apartments into Airbnb hostels."
- A "War" of words between Athens and Ankara
- Greek development and investments min. meets with Saudi officials in Riyadh
- Greek gvt’s affordable housing plan: Interest-free loans and subsidies to young people
- Greek Tourism: Airbnbs are full until the end of October
- Barrage of Turkish airspace violations continue in eastern Aegean
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Motion of censure: Mitsotakis brings three "files" to the political clash in Greek Parliament
- Tsitsipas qualifies to the final of the Australian Open
- Waiting for Fitch to start off this year's ratings race for Greek economy
- Monica Bellucci at the Greek Consulate in New York
- Greece's first-ever medicinal cannabis production plant inaugurated in Corinth