The US government has decided to participate in the tripartite meetings of Israel with Greece and Cyprus, a move that upgrades the strategic role of the three countries.
The revelation was made by US Undersecretary of State for European Affairs, Wes Mitchell, who will visit Nicosia on November 1st.
His visit will coincide with preparations for Exxon Mobil drilling in the Cyprus EEZ. The US government has reportedly decided to protect the Exxon Mobil drilling rig. Mr Mitchell spoke yesterday at a Washington Council Atlantic Council meeting.
The issue was: "Promoting the limits of Freedom: Deleting the Gray Zone", where he developed American politics in Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean. The US Undersecretary of State answered a specific question about Turkey's challenges in the Aegean and Cyprus.
- Fisheries report rise in exports, new investments of 97 mln in 2018
- Greek fishermen call on Greek government to take actions against Turkish encroachment in Greek waters
- Winning bid for hydrocarbon exploration off Crete announced
- Will Sahara dust become commonplace in Greek skies?
- Titan: € 100 million bond issue completed
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey resume on Monday
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- SYRIZA in disarray over support for 17 November murderer
- Gold medalist's sexual abuse by officials allegations involve more heinous cases