A few hours after the 4.7-magnitude Richter earthquake - noon Thursday - between Karditsa and Arta, seismographers at the Geodynamic Institute of Athens went to work again.
Around 4:24 Friday morning, an earthquake measuring 4 on the Richter scale was recorded in the maritime area between the islands of Crete and Kasos, 32 kilometers northeast of Zakros. The institute clarifies that the earthquake, which it described as "weak", was concentrated 392 kilometers southeast of Athens.
New earthquake in the same area - Achaia also shaken
A new earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter scale followed, at 05:11 am, in the maritime area between the islands of Crete and Kassos, 33 kilometers east of Zakros. In this case too, the Geodynamic Institute of Athens spoke of a weak earthquake.
Just before 7:00 in the morning, another 3.9-magnitude earthquake was recorded in Achaia. The epicenter of the earthquake - which was felt in Achaia - was located 15 kilometers east-northeast of the city of Kalavryta, while its focal depth was 5 kilometers.
It should be noted that a smaller earthquake was recorded in the same area of Achaia on Thursday evening.
- «Road rage» incident on Crete involving tourists leads to arrest of 2 local men
- Top govt, military delegation visits Souda Bay amid Greek-US joint military exercise
- Crete: Hot air balloon flights over the Lassithi plateau boost tourism
- Young father gunned down in Crete - Murderer surrenders and confesses
- PM Mitsotakis presents 'Fofi Gennimata' breast cancer screening programme
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- President of the Hellenic Republic Katerina Sakellaropoulou at the "Athens Democracy Forum 2022": Let's shield Democracy against regressive and reactionary voices.
- Ursula von der Leyen at Athens Democracy Forum: 'It is our generation's duty to stand by Ukraine'
- Greek - Spanish joint drills
- Turkey's new threats against Greece cause State Dept. reaction
- Operating license for the Greek segment of IGB inked