The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Greece has risen to 73, Health Ministry spokesperson and infectious diseases expert Prof. Sotiris Tsiodras said on Sunday.
Six out of the seven new incidents are from the group of tourists that had visited the Holy Lands in Israel and people that came into contact with them in Greece.
The government stressed that it focuses on the vulnerable groups and has taken additional measures:
- The operation of Open Care Centres for the Elderly (KAPI) will be suspended for 4 weeks.
- No conferences will be held in the Greek territory.
- School excursions in the country will stop for 2 weeks while all sport events will be held behind closed doors for 2 weeks.
- Schools with confirmed cases will remain closed.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts