The first boat carrying migrants and refugees since April 1st arrived on the island of Lesvos on Wednesday, bringing 50 men, women and children from Afghanistan and Africa.
The boat arrived at Kalo Limani in the northwestern part of the island, far away from the traditional landing areas for migrant arrivals.
Due to the restrictive measures in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the migrants and refugees will remain in the area of arrival and placed in quaratine for 14 days.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts