Greece was voted "Best Tourism Destination" of 2022, for the second consecutive year by the readers of the most important American magazine for business and luxury tourism, Global Traveler.
For Greece this is the fifth top accolade won this year in the demanding US travel market, following the awards at the Leisure Lifestyle Awards and the Wherever Awards in June, The Trazees Awards in August, as well as the Travvy Awards and the Reader's Recommend Choice Awards, just last November.
The Global Traveler poll was conducted from December 14, 2021 to September 30, 2022, as part of the annual Tested Reader Survey that the magazine has been running since 2004. In it, readers indicate their preferences in more than 80 individual categories ( destinations, airlines, hotels, travel programs and products, etc.), in an open process conducted through the magazine, its online media and special mails sent to subscribers.
In this year's survey, more than 22,000 readers cast a total of 1.5 million votes across all categories. The majority of participants are owners or executives of large companies, traveling by air an average of 9 times a year within the US and 11 times to international destinations over a three-year period.
“It is a great honor to recognize travel providers who are the best of the best. Our annual awards are sought-after, highly regarded and impartially reflect the best in the travel industry, as they are based solely on reader votes. And our readers voted for the true stars of the travel industry," said Global Traveler Publisher Francis X. Gallagher, among others.
- Dep. Fin. Min.: This year the Greek economy will do better than expected for three reasons
- Enterprise Greece Prez: Our goal is to make Greece a model of sustainable tourism
- Morgan Stanley: Greece will have the best performance in the Eurozone
- Tourism Min.: The goal is to further extend the tourist season
- Scope Ratings: ECB and strong growth boost Greece's rating outlook
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Motion of censure: Mitsotakis brings three "files" to the political clash in Greek Parliament
- Tsitsipas qualifies to the final of the Australian Open
- Waiting for Fitch to start off this year's ratings race for Greek economy
- Monica Bellucci at the Greek Consulate in New York
- Greece's first-ever medicinal cannabis production plant inaugurated in Corinth