The Greek Ministry for Economy, Infrastructure, Shipping and Tourism has issued a positive press release. The press release informs travelers in and arriving to Greece, that capital controls administered by the Hellenic government does not affect tourists withdrawing funds from ATM machines, or any other foreign debit or credit card transaction. The Ministry does not foresee any other complications in traveler's daily vacationing, as the nation has ample products, fuel inventories, and services.
Deputy Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura commented that Greece remains and will always be a top vacation destination. Current and scheduled guests in the country may holiday freely and will not be inconvenienced by any issues surrounding Greece's current economic and political climate.
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India