The Rhodes International Airport has reopened today, after closing down this morning.
The island's airport was forced to close due to runway damages. This marks the second time it has temporarily ceased operations in the last two days, due to deteriorations caused by serious rainfalls that affected its runway.
To combat runway issues, air authorities made the decision to briefly shorten the runway's stretch. However, various flights have experienced alterations due to impairments.
- Family informed that the body they had buried was not their father, but that he was in fact alive
- Eighty migrants/refugees were identified and transferred to the navy ship Rhodes
- Transavia France adds more flights to Rhodes & Kalamata
- Severe weather front "Dido" floods Rhodes
- Greece grants permits to 3 Mosques in Kos and Rhodes, as Turkey claims the islands have Turkish minorities