The Hellenic Statistical Authority (ELSTAT) confirmed that the nation's economy declined by 0.2% in 2014's second quarter.
This marks its slowest progress since 2008's third quarter. ELSTAT stated that the second quarter of this year's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) lessened by 0.2% based on volume, in comparison to the same timeframe last year, as determined by non-seasonally adjusted information.
The Greek statistics agency also revealed that GDP information in the first quarter of the year has been corrected to -1.1% from an original -0.9%. This was a result of the inclusion of new short-term figures and revised General Government quarterly data.
- Tourism premiere: What will happen this year with American tourists and the role of TUI
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism